Q: What should I upload?
A: You should upload photos you took, a picture you painted, images you created, or your business’s logo etc., as long as you have the appropriate intellectual property rights to the images. Almost all works are protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights, even if they are accessible on the internet. Therefore, you should assume that you need to obtain permission to use any material that you did not create, including material downloaded from the internet.
Q: What shouldn’t I upload?
A: In general, follow community standards of common sense and good taste. Do not upload:
1. Images or text to which you do not own the intellectual property rights, for example:
- Any names or images of other persons without their permission, including celebrities.
- Any names, trademarks or logos of companies, sports teams, colleges/universities, clubs, or organizations unless you are authorized to use them.
2. Obscene or otherwise offensive images or text, including content that depicts violence, illegally exploits images or likenesses of minors, or is hateful towards an individual or group of people.
3. Any other material that is generally offensive or in bad taste, as determined by ArtRapid.
This should NOT be construed as an exhaustive list of prohibited material but rather as general guidelines. ArtRapid will determine, in its sole and absolute discretion, whether your Materials are in compliance with these Guidelines.
Q: What if I upload an image that violates these Guidelines?
A: We may take any action we deem appropriate, including cancelling your order. If your order is cancelled, you will receive a notification and a refund if your card has already been charged.
Q: Who owns the images I upload?
A: The rights owner of the image continues to own the image; uploading your image to artrapid.com does not transfer ownership.